3.08.2013

Chapped skin life saver -- Nuxe Reve De Miel Lip Balm

Hey guys, I've been meaning to write a review on the Nuxe Reve de Miel lip balm for quite a while but never gotten around to it. Lately, I've caught a cold and is constantly reapplying the lip balm because my lips are desert dry from all the breathing through the mouth (nose so blocked I couldn't smell a thing). It also saved me from tearing the skin off of my nose from all the nose blowing. So what better time than now to tell you what this lip balm is truly capable of?


Background is Jane Austen's Emma, simply because I've been reading it lately. =P

   
The balm smells heavenly, like honey and lemon, it does not have a particular taste to it, which I like (I hate lip balms that tastes bad, it just ruins everything you try to eat with that on your lips). It is very 'buttery' but without the greasiness (some buttery lip balms make you feel like you are slathering liquid oil on your lips, eg the body shop lip butters), and does not give your lips a strange color after a generous application (again, body shop lip butters). It is not shiny nor slippery after application, which makes it the best lip balm for layering under other lip products. It lasts quite a long time on your lips and a little goes a long way. I have had mine for a month and a half to two months now, and have only skimmed the top of it off (even with all the excessive reapplying recently). It also make a very good salve for extremely dry and irritated skin (ie. the skin around my nose, now that I have blown it like a few dozen times a day). It really protects the area and just for the tiniest bit, soothes it. 

  
I bought this for $128 at Sasa, although it is kind of on the high end of lip balms, i think it is very reasonable considering the amount they give you (15g) , the quality and the length of the time it will last you (along the lines of forever).
  
This will definitely be a repurchase if I EVER use it up.

2 comments:

  1. La Miel es un alimento dulce elaborado por las abejas que utilizan el néctar de las flores. La variedad producida por las abejas es la más comúnmente conocida, ya que es el tipo de miel recolectada por los apicultores

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi,unfortunately Vanessa and I do not know Spanish, and i think google translate failed us. But thank you for your comment! =]

      Delete